Thursday, December 1, 2011


 CHAPTER ONE
I didn't really understand who  I saw the day my grandpa died. All I knew was as soon as that person left, my grandpa was dead.
What happened that day was like all the others. We smiled politely at my grandpa telling him how much better he looked today, though it was a lie. It was all a lie. We only acted this way in front of the public. My dad always said a lie is sometimes better than the truth. I never did understand why though. Isn't it bad to lie? Trevor tanner at school said the worst thing ever was to lie. He told me that lying was worst than killing someone. And that anyone who lies goes to hell. I think that Trevor tanner was just being mean. He lies all the time too so doesn’t that mean that he's going to hell to?
I never understood why adults like lying though. They tell you things like, your dog went to a nice barn in the country, when in reality your dog is dead. They think your too fragile to handle it. My parents though, take it to a whole other level. They tell me what a talented artist I am and how wonderful I am at designing of clothes. For one thing I did a terrible job on the picture on purpose and even though I actually was trying to make the dress look nice I could tell they were lying.
I was only 6 at the time my grandpa died. I was pretty smart for a little kid so I knew why we visited him. It was because he was dying. My parents didn't tell me the truth because I think my grandpa honestly didn't know it himself. He always smiled and talked about he was going to get out soon and how me and him will go fishing. I always did like fishing with him. He always told me if I got a big fish then we would go out for ice-cream. But the problem with that was the fact he was at the final stage of heart cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment