Thursday, December 1, 2011

My mom and dad though acted as if it would happen. That he would go back home and he'd take me out fishing. I knew they did it because they wanted his money, like everyone else in my family.
All my cousins , aunts, uncles, and even family friends surrounded him asking who would get the money. Before my grandpa got sick,  I never knew that he had money. But apparently he's sticking rich. Everyone acted like they were one big family when the reality was that we all hated each other. My mother would always glare at my dads sisters and brothers. My mother hated my dads side of the family. It was just a fact. I asked her when I was 3 why she hated them so much.  She just frowned and said that she just had disagreements with them. 
Everyone actually thought he wasn't really going anywhere. So no one came there. My mom and dad told me to wait with him while they got the nurse so they could talk about his vesting hours. So I sat there staring at my grandpa. He was asleep. For some odd reason I always thought he looked younger when he slept. His face was more relaxed and all the wear and tear over the years seemed to disappear. His wrinkles didn't seem to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment